Historic Timeline of the Tracy Library

June 7, 1910 – The Tracy Library began operation as a deposit collection of the Stockton Library in the pharmacy of Dr. J. S. West.

1912 – Tracy Library was moved to a reading room sponsored by the Women’s Improvement Association

1917 – Tracy Library was moved to its first municipally owned quarters in the city hall and fire station building.

1944 – Tracy Library was relocated to a room in the former city hall on Central Avenue.

1959 – Tracy Library was moved to a space in the temporary city hall in Wainwright Village.

October 1, 1961 – The Wadsworth Memorial Library was dedicated at 1340 Holly Drive

August 16, 1986 – Tracy Library temporarily relocated to 520 Tracy Boulevard for expansion of the library building.

July 13, 1987 – Dedication of the expanded library building at 20 East Eaton Avenue.