The Tracy Friends of the Library holds a book sale in the Wadsworth Room during regular library hours. You will find a variety of titles for adults, teens, and children. The selections change frequently, so check out the sale every time you visit. Prices for books and other items start at 25 cents, which you place in the box at the Check Out desk.
You never know what you might find at the Book Sale.
You can also donate your new or used books to help our Book Sale.
Book Donation Do’s and Don’ts
By donating books to the Tracy Friends Book Sale you help the Friends raise most of the money our organization donates to the library for materials, programs, Summer Reading, or special needs which arise.
Here are donation guidelines to help you help us
The following items are welcome
- Clean books in good condition – current titles are especially welcome
- Antiquarian books
- Audio-visual materials (DVDs & CDs only)
- Current year magazines in good condition
The following cannot be accepted
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Text books over 5 years old
- Magazines over one year old
- VHS or audio cassettes
- Encyclopedia, either sets or single volumes
- Defaced materials: dirty or dusty, broken spines, pages with scribbling,
- Books that have been stored in damp areas – (garages, basements,
outdoors) or that display mold or are riddled with bugs
Please do not leave book donations outside the library. They become
dirty, defaced, wet, etc. and usually must be discarded.
We often must pay to discard these items and the unwelcome
costs undercut the funds the Friends raise to donate to the Library.
Our Most Wanted List:
- Children’s and Young Adult
- Home Improvement
- Tracy and Local History
Thank you for adhering to our guidelines. Your tax-deductible
donations make it possible for the Tracy Friends of the Library to fund
programs and purchase materials for our library.
Stop by the on-going sale in the Wadsworth Room each time you
are in the library. You will find something terrific to buy.